The 10 Commandments of Firearm Safety
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GUN SAFETY
Guns are not toys, they must be handled properly.
NEVER handle a gun without adult supervision.
NEVER let anyone you are with mix alcohol, or drugs and guns.
ALWAYS follow these IMPORTANT safety rules:
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Guns should be unloaded when not actually in use.
- Don’t rely on your gun’s “safety”. Treat every gun as if it can fire at any time.
- Be sure of your target and what’s beyond it.
- Use correct ammunition.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, HANDLE WITH CARE. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and get adult help.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don’t alter or modify your gun, and DO have your gun serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using. Do not use any firearm that you have not had adult instruction in handling.
Source: Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute